Highly recognized as a greatly progressive disorder, periodontal disease is triggered by preventable factors like plaque build-up, tobacco use, certain medications and stress, as well as unpreventable measures like systemic disease and fluctuating hormone levels during puberty, pregnancy or menopause. Research proves up to 30% of the population may be genetically susceptible to gum disease.
- Red, swollen, tender or bleeding gums
- Gum recession, or gums pulling away from teeth
- Loose or separating teeth
- Pus between the gum and tooth
- Persistent bad breath
- Bite changes
- Change in the fit of partial dentures
If you have noticed any of the above signs or symptoms, please make an appointment promptly! Together, we can win the battle against periodontal disease and maintain your wonderful, dazzling smile: gums and all. Now that’s something to smile about.